~Open the eyes of my heart Lord!~







Sunday, April 7, 2013

Scaredy Cat!


In my house,  there lives a small female cat named Mojo.  She was a Christmas present for my 20 year old daughter when she was in Second grade in school.  Mojo is the true ”scaredy cat”.  She is scared of everything, including my daughter and myself. 

Mojo lives upstairs, hiding in the bedrooms, and rarely comes downstairs.  Once in awhile, she’ll come and lay by me when I’m asleep in my bed, purring and snuggling up to me, waiting for me to pet her.  But if I’m awake and upright, she runs and hides. 

Sometimes I think that’s how we are with God.  In the quiet of night sometimes we seek His comfort, but during the day, we hide from His touch.  When our food bowl is empty, we make a fuss, but otherwise we keep to ourselves, not looking for any guidance or communication from above.

I think about how sad this is.  If we would only seek Him out during the day, even when our food bowl is full and the litter box is clean, we would experience the full feeling of His love and presence in our lives.  But we are scared too, just like this cat; scared of what might happen if we open our hearts fully.  What would God expect of us if we opened up and asked Him to take our lives and make us whole?   What would happen if we relinquished control of our lives and depended on God for everything?

I don’t want to be like this cat, anxious and afraid, expecting the worst to happen.  I want to live life fully, open to God and His will for my life.  I want to experience the full love and blessings that life has to offer when I trust God with all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment